(Putting Gourd to creative use)
Servings : 6
- 2 Litres Full Cream Milk
- 500 g Bottle Gourd (Ghiya or Lauki)
- 250 Grams Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 silver leaf
To Garnish :
- 6 green Cardamoms, peeled and powdered
- 25 gms Almonds , cut into halves.
- 25 Gms. raisins
- Boil Milk in a Kadai for 15 Min. (Low Flame), stirring it occasionally.
- In the meantime, wash peel a tender bottle gourd.
- Grate It.
- Boil for 15 minutes with half a cup of Water
- Remove it and Squeeze out the water.
- Add lauki/ghiya to the milk that is already cooking in the kadai.
- Cook the mixture till the milk is reduced to half of the original quantity.
- Add sugar and raisins and cook for 5 mins.
- Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Add some vanilla essence or rose water and stir it.
- Garnish it with Cardomom Powder, Raisins and almond halves.
Send me Queries at : email@example.com
All Recipes = Click here